Welcome to Ms. Van Thiel's Classes
I am grateful for the opportunity to work with Temple City students and families.
- 23 years teaching English (mostly freshman English)
- 21 years teaching journalism and advising the school paper
- Bachelor's Degree in Literature and Master’s Degree in Education, University of California at Santa Cruz
- Regular articulation with mainstream English teachers
- 8+ years of mentoring new teachers
- Temple City High School Teacher of the Year 2009-2010
- Ongoing and intensive study of improving student reading comprehension and motivation
My job as a teacher is to help students develop their capacity, expand their horizons and discover their passions. English and journalism are just the tools we use to help each student become a greater, more capable, confident version of themselves.
Period 1: ELD 2A
Period 2: ELD 2B
Period 3: ELD 2A
Period 4: ELD 2B
Period 6: Advanced Journalism
Google Classroom link for students
ELD 2 Periods 1 & 2 https://classroom.google.
ELD 2 Periods 3 & 4 https://classroom.google.
Newspaper Period 5: https://classroom.google.
626 548 5040 x1507
Temple City High School