New Student Enrollment
New Student Enrollment for 2021-2022 is Now Open
To start your new student enrollment process
For questions, please contact Student Services by email at email@example.com or by phone (626) 548-5024.
- Required Documents for New Students (TK - 12)
- FAQ New Student Enrollment
- TK & Kindergarten Eligibility
- All Students
Please gather the documents below for your Online Enrollment.
- Two (2) Original Proofs of Residency – Category I and II below. All documents must be current with parent name and address on them.
|Category I: Residency Validation Choose One (1)||Category II: Supplemental Residency Validation Choose One (1)|
|Valid Driver's License||Mortgage Statement||Gas bill or connection/deposit receipt|
|Current California Identification||Closing Escrow Statement||Edison bill or connection/deposit receipt|
|Current Military ID||Current Property Tax Bill||Water bill or connection/deposit receipt|
|Passport||Current Rental/Lease Agreement
*Must be current and list all occupants’ names with landlord name, address, phone number, and signatures
|Refuse/ Trash Bill|
|Consular Picture ID||Cable bill or connection/deposit receipt|
- Proof of Immunizations
You must provide a written record signed by a physician (parent recall and signature are not acceptable). If you do not have a record, you MUST obtain one from your doctor or health department, which include the month and year of each immunization.
- Health Examination
A complete health examination is mandated by the State for all students entering the first grade. However, we recommend that the physical be completed at the same time as the immunizations for Kindergarten entry.
- Student Identification. Copy of birth certificate for students entering transitional kindergarten, kindergarten, or First Grade, baptismal certificate or passport.
- Individualized Education Program Documentation (if your child is receiving special education services).
- Section 504 Plan (if eligible for accommodations)
- Academic Transcripts, attendance, and discipline record. (Intermediate and high school students.)
- Report card, attendance, and discipline record (elementary school students.)
- Online Enrollment Submission (Print last page of online enrollment after application is submitted.)
Before enrolling any student, the residence address should be checked to make sure it is located within District boundaries. Temple City Unified School District boundaries encompass parts of Temple City, San Gabriel and Arcadia.
Please keep in mind not all of Temple City falls within District boundaries. For verification of TCUSD boundaries please refer to the Boundaries / Address Verification list
Boundaries MapPlease be advised that a home visit will be made if Temple City Unified School District has a question regarding your residence within the District boundaries. If it is found that you do not reside within District boundaries, your child may be disenrolled without the proper permit.
Who needs to enroll?
- Students who are attending school for the first time.
- Students new to the District (having recently moved into the Temple City Unified boundary or were previously attending a private school, charter school or were home-schooled).
- Students who were previously attending a District school, but have moved to a different area of the District.
Who does NOT need to enroll?
- Students currently attending a school in Temple City Unified School District. Temple City Unified students who will be articulating to the next grade level at another school do not need to re-enroll at the new school. Information will be transferred automatically by the school your student is currently attending.
What actions must I take and what materials do I need to enroll my child?
- All students must be enrolled by a parent or guardian and provide the documents outlined below.
Children born on or before September 1, 2016, are eligible to attend Kindergarten in August 2021. Please follow
Transitional Kindergarten Eligibility
Children born September 2, 2016 through December 2, 2016, are eligible to attend Transitional Kindergarten (TK) in August 2021.
Please use the Online Enrollment Link to Begin New Student Enrollment: Click Here
Covered California Health Insurance Information
If you need information about health insurance please visit the Covered California web page
Effective January 1, 2016, new California law SB 277 states that exemptions based on personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into childcare or school in California. For more information about SB 277, see Frequently Asked Questions.
For more information about school immunization requirements and resources, visit the California Department of Public Health website or contact your local health department or county office of education.
For questions regarding the district's immunization requirements, please contact The Temple City Unified School District Nurse Nancie Rodriguez.