The purchasing department organizes the acquisition of goods and services on behalf of the Temple City Unified School District. The Purchasing & Acquisition Department is a vital component of the District organization, as the activities are needed to ensure that all of the items needed to run the District are obtained in a timely manner and at a reasonable cost. Every effort is afforded by negotiation, consolidation, and limitation of the total expense for every item in order to demonstrate financial responsibility. In order to do so the Purchasing Agent is responsible to locate suppliers that can provide goods and services in accordance with the District's requirements and needs.
- Identifying requirements for goods, materials and services.
- Establishing order quantities.
- Writing requests for bids and awarding supply contracts.
- Coordinating delivery with the warehouse against storage capacities.
- Request to purchase / requisition
- Supplier selection
- Purchasing order
- Order agreement and fulfillment timeline
- Receiving of products and goods
- Supplier invoice and payment completion
- Reduce costs and expenditures through negotiation and term comparison
- Reduce risk
- Improve and manage the quality of supplies
- Manage relationships with reputable suppliers
- Target and track delivery timelines