District Advisory Committee (DAC) and District English Language Advisory Committee ( DELAC)
The District Advisory Committee (DAC) and District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC) are groups of parents, staff, and community members elected by School Site Committees, School Site Council (SSC) and English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC), to provide on-going advice and support to the District. Meetings are open to the public.
The DAC and DELAC Committee members:
- Coordinate community resources in a concerted effort to address the academic needs of all students
- Evaluate the consolidated application programs and review information relative to the objectives of the programs to parents and the school community
- Oversee all state and federal programs to ensure that the needs of the specific targeted student population (GATE, Special Education, ELL, Economically Disadvantaged, and at-risk students) are met
- Communicate, and share interests, experiences, knowledge, and concerns
- Provide input on the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)