Student Registration Hours:
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
For your convenience, the District office is open year-round and will be reviewing/approving proof of residency during the summer break. You may also obtain a new enrollment packet at this time to reduce your wait during fall registration times.
For more information, please contact your school's administration office or call the Registration Office at 626-548-5024.
2019-20 New Student Enrollment
Before enrolling any student, the residence address should be checked to make sure it is located within District boundaries. Temple City Unified School District boundaries encompass parts of Temple City, San Gabriel and Arcadia.
Please keep in mind not all of Temple City falls within District boundaries. For verification of TCUSD boundaries please refer to the Boundaries/Address Verification list and the Boundaries Map. Please be advised that a home visit will be made if Temple City Unified School District has a question regarding your residence within the District boundaries. If it is found that you do not reside within District boundaries, your child will be disenrolled.
Who needs to enroll?
- Students who are attending school for the first time.
- Students new to the District (having recently moved into the Temple City Unified boundary or were previously attending a private school, charter school or were home-schooled).
- Students who were previously attending a District school, but have moved to a different area of the District.
Who does NOT need to enroll?
Students currently attending a school in Temple City Unified School District. Temple City Unified students who will be articulating to the next grade level at another school do not need to re-enroll at the new school. Information will be transferred automatically by the school your student is currently attending.
What actions must I take and what materials do I need to enroll my child?
All students must be enrolled by a parent or guardian and provide the documents outlined below.
Step by Step Enrollment Process
New student enrollments are welcome throughout the school year. Our district enrollment process begins with an online application and concludes by submitting required documents and proof of residency to the school site. Listed below is an "enrollment checklist" to help organize your enrollment documents and familiarize you with the process.
STEP 1 – Complete an Online Enrollment Application
If you are enrolling a new student, you must complete this step prior to your meeting with the school office staff. Begin the process at: https://aeriesnet.tcusd.net/air/
You will need a valid email address. Select enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year.
STEP 2 – Verification of Residency
You must be a current resident in the TCUSD boundaries and provide proof of residency. Before enrolling, please check the residence address to make sure it is located within District boundaries. Please provide two original proofs of residency from Category I and Category II below and submit at the school site with ALL of the original required documents:
- Mortgage Statement
- Closing Escrow Statement
- Current Property Tax Bill
- Current Rental Agreement (must be current and list ALL OCCUPANTS’ names; with Landlord name, address, and phone #, and signatures)
- Gas bill or connection/deposit receipt
- Edison bill or connection/deposit receipt
- Water bill or connection/deposit receipt
- Refuse/trash bill
- Cable bill or connection/deposit receipt showing residence property address (all pages), including service address.
STEP 3 – Visit School Site to Submit Documents. (After March 1)
Middle School and High School – Please Call the School Site to Schedule an Enrollment Appointment
Please be sure to bring the following supporting documents with you to finalize your student's enrollment:
- Enrollment Confirmation (available to print when you complete the online enrollment application)
- Residency Verification - all of the required original documents
- Child's birth certificate, or passport, or an affidavit of birth
- Child's immunization records (Tdap required for 7th grade and above)
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade: Health History
- Kindergarten: Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form or a dental check done no earlier than 12 months before your child enters school.
- NEW 10th - 12th Grade students: MUST provide an unofficial transcript. If transferring mid-year (including 9th grade), bring proof of withdrawal, with transfer grades, from prior school.
- NEW 9th Grade students at start of the new school year: Provide copy of 8th grade report card
- NEW 6th, 7th, 8th Grade students: Provide transcript or report cards
- Current IEP OR Current 504 (if applicable)
Online enrollment will not "hold a spot" for your student in your neighborhood school, and your student will not be considered enrolled, until you have submitted ALL required documents at the school site. If you have any questions regarding enrollment of your student, you may contact your school office.
Please note: Many schools and grade levels are impacted by growth and students may not be able to attend their resident school. School assignment will be confirmed upon completion of the enrollment process.
New students (TK–12)
Enrollment in Temple City Unified School District schools is processed at the individual school sites, or at the District Office during the summer break. For more information, please contact your school's administration office or call the Registration Office at 626-548-5024.
Students who are enrolling in school for the first time or are new to the district may enroll in person at the school they plan to attend. (Please collect and return the following items when you enroll your child at the school.)
- Enrollment Forms
- Two (2) Original Proofs of Residency – Category I and II below. All documents must be current with parent name and address on them; originals only—photocopies will not be accepted.
Category I: Residency Validation
Choose One (1)
Category II: Supplemental Residency Validation
Choose One (1)
Valid Driver's License with Vehicle Registration showing current address
Current Rental/Lease Agreement with the following:
- Parent/Guardian's name
- Name of Manager or Owner and telephone number
Gas bill or connection/deposit receipt
Current California Identification
Current Property Tax Bill
Edison bill or connection/deposit receipt
Current Military ID
Current Homeowner's or Renter's Insurance Policy
Water bill or connection/deposit receipt
Closing Escrow Statement
Consular Picture ID
Cable bill or connection/deposit receipt
- Annual Notice to Parents Acknowledgement of Receipt and Review
- Annual Notice to Parents Consent /Objection Form
- Proof of Immunizations
You must provide a written record signed by a physician (parent recall and signature are not acceptable). If you do not have a record, you MUST obtain one from your doctor or health department, which include the month and year of each immunization.
- Health Examination
A complete health examination is mandated by the State for all students entering the first grade. However, we recommend that the physical be completed at the same time as the immunizations for Kindergarten entry.
- Student Identification. Copy of birth certificate for students entering transitional kindergarten, kindergarten, or First Grade, baptismal certificate or passport.
- Individualized Education Program Documentation (if your child is receiving special education services).
- Academic Transcripts, attendance, and discipline record. (Intermediate and high school students.)
- Report card, attendance, and discipline record (elementary school students).
TK & Kindergarten Enrollment
Children born on or before September 1, 2014, are eligible to attend Kindergarten in August 2019. You may obtain an enrollment packet from the school in your area or at the District Service Center. The school district uses the information from registration to determine the number of Kindergarten classes needed. Please enroll your child as soon as possible.
Transitional Kindergarten Eligibility
Children born September 2, 2014 through December 2, 2014, are eligible to attend Transitional Kindergarten (TK) in August 2019. You may obtain an enrollment packet from the school in your area or at the District Service Center. The school district uses the information from registration to determine the number of TK classes needed. Please enroll your child as soon as possible.
Returning students do not need to re-enroll but they will need to provide the following three* items during student registration/arena scheduling,
- Read the Annual Notice to Parents/Guardians and submit the Acknowledgement of Receipt and Review
- Annual Notice to Parents Consent /Objection Form (available online with Acknowledgement of Receipt and Review)
- Completed Emergency Card with any updated information (received from your child's school)
*Temple City High School students must also fill out the Attendance Information Card and bring it to registration in August.
Covered California Health Insurance Information
If you need information about health insurance please visit the Covered California webpage.
Effective January 1, 2016, new California law SB 277 states that exemptions based on personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into childcare or school in California. For more information about SB 277, see Frequently Asked Questions.
For more information about school immunization requirements and resources, visit the California Department of Public Health website or contact your local health department or county office of education.
For questions regarding the district's immunization requirements, please contact The Temple City Unified School District Nurse Nancie Rodriguez.