Student Registration Hours:
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
For your convenience, the District office is open year-round and will be reviewing/approving proof of residency during the summer break. You may also obtain a new enrollment packet at this time to reduce your wait during fall registration times.
For more information, please contact your school's administration office or call the Registration Office at 626-548-5024.
2020-21 New Student Enrollment
Before enrolling any student, the residence address should be checked to make sure it is located within District boundaries. Temple City Unified School District boundaries encompass parts of Temple City, San Gabriel and Arcadia.
Please keep in mind not all of Temple City falls within District boundaries. For verification of TCUSD boundaries please refer to the Boundaries/Address Verification list and the Boundaries Map. Please be advised that a home visit will be made if Temple City Unified School District has a question regarding your residence within the District boundaries. If it is found that you do not reside within District boundaries, your child will be disenrolled.
Who needs to enroll?
- Students who are attending school for the first time.
- Students new to the District (having recently moved into the Temple City Unified boundary or were previously attending a private school, charter school or were home-schooled).
- Students who were previously attending a District school, but have moved to a different area of the District.
Who does NOT need to enroll?
Students currently attending a school in Temple City Unified School District. Temple City Unified students who will be articulating to the next grade level at another school do not need to re-enroll at the new school. Information will be transferred automatically by the school your student is currently attending.
What actions must I take and what materials do I need to enroll my child?
All students must be enrolled by a parent or guardian and provide the documents outlined below.
New students (TK–12)
Enrollment in Temple City Unified School District schools is processed at the individual school sites, or at the District Office during the summer break. For more information, please contact your school's administration office or call the Registration Office at 626-548-5024.
Students who are enrolling in school for the first time or are new to the district may enroll in person at the school they plan to attend. (Please collect and return the following items when you enroll your child at the school.)
- Enrollment Forms
- Two (2) Original Proofs of Residency – Category I and II below. All documents must be current with parent name and address on them; originals only—photocopies will not be accepted.
Category I: Residency Validation
Choose One (1)
Category II: Supplemental Residency Validation
Choose One (1)
Valid Driver's License with Vehicle Registration showing current address
Current Rental/Lease Agreement with the following:
- Parent/Guardian's name
- Name of Manager or Owner and telephone number
Gas bill or connection/deposit receipt
Current California Identification
Current Property Tax Bill
Edison bill or connection/deposit receipt
Current Military ID
Current Homeowner's or Renter's Insurance Policy
Water bill or connection/deposit receipt
Closing Escrow Statement
Consular Picture ID
Cable bill or connection/deposit receipt
- Annual Notice to Parents Acknowledgement of Receipt and Review
- Annual Notice to Parents Consent /Objection Form
- Proof of Immunizations
You must provide a written record signed by a physician (parent recall and signature are not acceptable). If you do not have a record, you MUST obtain one from your doctor or health department, which include the month and year of each immunization.
- Health Examination
A complete health examination is mandated by the State for all students entering the first grade. However, we recommend that the physical be completed at the same time as the immunizations for Kindergarten entry.
- Student Identification. Copy of birth certificate for students entering transitional kindergarten, kindergarten, or First Grade, baptismal certificate or passport.
- Individualized Education Program Documentation (if your child is receiving special education services).
- Academic Transcripts, attendance, and discipline record. (Intermediate and high school students.)
- Report card, attendance, and discipline record (elementary school students).
TK & Kindergarten Enrollment
Children born on or before September 1, 2014, are eligible to attend Kindergarten in August 2019. You may obtain an enrollment packet from the school in your area or at the District Service Center. The school district uses the information from registration to determine the number of Kindergarten classes needed. Please enroll your child as soon as possible.
Transitional Kindergarten Eligibility
Children born September 2, 2014 through December 2, 2014, are eligible to attend Transitional Kindergarten (TK) in August 2019. You may obtain an enrollment packet from the school in your area or at the District Service Center. The school district uses the information from registration to determine the number of TK classes needed. Please enroll your child as soon as possible.
Returning students do not need to re-enroll but they will need to provide the following three* items during student registration/arena scheduling,
- Read the Annual Notice to Parents/Guardians and submit the Acknowledgement of Receipt and Review
- Annual Notice to Parents Consent /Objection Form (available online with Acknowledgement of Receipt and Review)
- Completed Emergency Card with any updated information (received from your child's school)
*Temple City High School students must also fill out the Attendance Information Card and bring it to registration in August.
Covered California Health Insurance Information
If you need information about health insurance please visit the Covered California webpage.
Effective January 1, 2016, new California law SB 277 states that exemptions based on personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into childcare or school in California. For more information about SB 277, see Frequently Asked Questions.
For more information about school immunization requirements and resources, visit the California Department of Public Health website or contact your local health department or county office of education.
For questions regarding the district's immunization requirements, please contact The Temple City Unified School District Nurse Nancie Rodriguez.